Celebrating 40 years:1975-2015!
Join us September 29 at 11 am to celebrate our 40th Anniversary
and for the unveiling of the transformation done by the Smilezone Foundation.
There will also be a special announcement in honour of Dr. Mary Thain.
Please see the Smilezone invite for more details.
What We Do for Kids is Amazing
Five Counties is a children’s treatment centre serving Peterborough, City of Kawartha Lakes, Northumberland and Haliburton Counties. Some children may need specialized services to reach their potential. For more than 40 years the Centre has been known for excellence and high quality services. Enjoy your journey through our website.
Thank you to our Community Media Partners who are an important member of the Five Counties’ team.
Our Vision – To Make Dreams Come True
Photo Shoot Opportunity
A local photographer, Heather Doughty, is working on a personal series called “Warrior”. This series is meant to capture the inner warrior in each of us; because each of us has our battles to wage. Heather would be honoured if any Five Counties families would like to participate. These photos are not only fun, but very empowering to the participants. There is no charge for the photos and each participant will receive at least three photos. Check out her Facebook Page and connect with Heather about this exciting project.
Ontario’s Special Needs Strategy
Our vision is for an Ontario where children and youth with special needs get the timely and effective services they need to participate fully at home, at school, in the community, and as they prepare to achieve their goals for adulthood. To achieve this vision, we need a Special Needs Strategy that…
- identifies children’s needs earlier and gets them the right help sooner;
- coordinates service planning for children with multiple or complex special needs; and
- makes rehabilitation services more seamless from birth through the school years.
- Our goal is for Ontario’s children and youth with special needs and their families to have…
- a single point of intake with clearly articulated service plans;
- seamless integration of a range of services; and
- smooth transitions in and out of a range of supports and services.
- For more general information on this process, please visit: Ontario’s Special Needs Strategy.
If you are interested in working at an amazing organization, please see our employment opportunities .
All documents on this website are available in accessible formats upon request.
Our Multi-Year Accessibility Plan Jan 2015 – Dec 2019 is detailed here.
Your privacy is very important and we would like to share Our-Commitment-to-Your-Privacy.
To review our Code of Conduct, please click on this link: Code of Conduct
We have had a busy year. Check out the FCCC 2015-16 Annual Report.