About SmartStart Hub
Think of the SmartStart Hub as the front door to find and access developmental services for children and youth in Peterborough, Northumberland County, Haliburton County and the City of Kawartha Lakes. We do the work for you. Register with us, and SmartStart Hub at Five Counties will connect your family directly to services and supports that your child/youth need. Parents/guardians or other professionals (with parental consent) can call us. No need for you to contact any other agency.
Contact Us with Your Concerns
Contact the SmartStart Hub at Five Counties if you’re concerned about your child/youth’s development, including to:
- Move around.
- Perform daily tasks like feeding and eating.
- Speak with and be understood by others.
- Get along with other people.
- Take part in routine activities.
*SmartStart Hub services are available for Ontario kids/youth up to age 19 (or age 21 if still in school).
How to Reach Us
Connect to the SmartStart Hub at Five Counties in the following ways:
What We’ll Discuss
When you register with us, you will be asked questions. Each family’s life and experience are unique, and we recognize families are experts on their child’s abilities and needs. Together, we can ensure you are connected to the most suitable services that meet your needs.
What Services Are Available
SmartStart Hub at Five Counties provides access to a variety of child/youth development services for families. Services are provided at no charge in a friendly, supportive, and culturally-safe environment. Depending on a family’s needs, services may be provided through Five Counties or other partner agencies. Services can include, but are not limited to:
- Speech-language therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Resources for parents
- Supportive connections with community agencies
- Much more!
IMPORTANT NOTE: SmartStart Hubs help families who are unsure where to go for development services to support their child/youth. However, if you know your child’s support needs and where to go for a particular service, you can contact that agency directly.
Our SmartStart partner agencies include: Peterborough Public Health; Haliburton, Kawartha, Pine Ridge District Health Unit; Point in Time Centre for Children, Youth and Parents; BGC Kawarthas; Kinark Child and Family Services; Dnaagdawenmag Binnoojiiyag Child and Family Services; and Northumberland Child Development Centre.
- SmartStart Hub Q&A – Printable fact sheet answering key questions about SmartStart Hub.
- SmartStart Hub Poster – Printable poster to put up with quick access to our Service Request Form.
- SmartStart Hub Postcard – Printable postcard providing quick link to Service Request Form.
- Partners for Planning – Provides free resources to help persons with disabilities and their families create meaningful lives and secure futures.
- CanChild’s F-Words Knowledge Hub – Offers information on key areas of child development, including the six ‘F-words’: Functioning, Family, Fitness, Fun, Friends, and Future.