The Five Counties Children’s Centre Foundation is a volunteered based organization dedicated to raising funds, in the counties of Peterborough, City of Kawartha Lakes, Northumberland, Haliburton and North Hastings to support the financial needs of the Five Counties Children’s Centre.
Making a Difference
Since 1988, the Five Counties Children’s Centre Foundation has provided over $6.5 million to Five Counties to help maintain therapy for children, purchase equipment and fund various programs.
In this same time period the Foundation has established an Endowment Fund which has a value exceeding $1.2 million. The yearly revenue generated from this fund is used solely for the purpose of providing therapy to children.
- Established in 1987 with first transfer of funds to the Centre in 1988 of $47,651
- More than $10 million has been transfered to Centre
- The Foundation is a registered charity under the guidelines of the CRA
- The Foundation is administered by a Board of Trustees. Day to day operation is handled by the Foundation staff under the direction of the Executive Director who reports directly to the Board.
- Donor centred fundraising allows for gifts of cash, pledges over a number of years, monthly giving, stocks, bonds, property, bequests, life insurance, memorial and honorariums, credit cards.
- Funds are generated through: third party events, grants, direct mail, on-line giving, door to door canvassing, Nevada ticket sales, Bingo, raffles, service club presentations